As of version 1.2.0 of Sports Team Theme you can now add integrated social media menus to your website. These menu’s appear on every page in either the top right or bottom right of the page. When you put the menu in the header, it appears instead of the search functionality, when you put it in the footer, it appears to the right of the copyright information. You may choose to use both if you want!
How do I use them?
- First, log into WordPress and within the admin go to Appearance > Menus.
- When you arrive there, you will probably arrive at your default menu. (Did you know you can edit that here too? See this F.A.Q.).
- You will need to Create a New Menu using the link near the top of the page.
- Give this new menu a name, it could be anything! Then click Create Menu.
- In the Menu Settings area, click the checkbox to assign your new menu to one or both of the locations named Header Right and Footer Right.
- Start adding links to your menu by dropping down the Links tab on the left of the screen. When you add a new link you will need to add a URL and Link Text, then click Add to Menu.
- This add your new link into the menu on the right. You may add as many links as you want, you can reorder them by clicking and dragging.
- You do not have to assign the icon, the theme will do this for you automatically by detecting the URL of the website. For example, if it see’s a link with “twitter.com” in it, it will assign the Twitter icon. This also hides the text you assigned to your link.
Services with Special Icons Assigned:
- You do not have to use these menus only for social media. You can put any links you want it them! When the theme doesn’t detect a social media link, it just displays the text with a link.
- If you still really want a search bar somewhere, we would recommend adding the Search widget to your Home and Right Sidebar.
- The colors are set by your settings in the Theme Options.
- The icons are provided by the excellent Font Awesome library.