Sports Team Theme is easy to install, be requires a couple of steps to get it up and running.
- First, buy and download the theme through this website.
- Once you have the files that make up Sports Team Theme, you have two options:
- Within WordPress, go to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes > Upload, and choose the zip file containing the theme.
- Use an FTP client to upload the sports-team-theme folder to your WordPress themes folder.
- We highly recommend you download and install both the main theme and the child theme. This will give you flexibility should you need to customize the theme down the road.
- Once the themes are uploaded, one of them needs to be activated. In Appearance > Themes > Manage Themes, click Activate on Sports Team Theme Child.
- Once the theme is activated, you will get a notice that says “This theme requires the following plugins…” click “Begin installing plugins“
- You can either install one at a time by clicking the “Install” text under the plugin name, or check all of the boxes and use the Bulk Options to Install all of them at once.
- Finally, after plugin installation, you will get a notice that says “…please visit the Theme Options section“, this will allow you to customize your website’s options the way you want them. Read more about those options.
If your web host has any trouble with the automatic installation of the associated plugin, then you’ll need to install the plugin manually. You will need to find the WP Sports Team plugin zip in the sports-team-theme/plugins directory. Unzip it and install it in WordPress.